Marion Public Schools
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
PIN: 958 070 887#
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Comment
- Remote learning discussion
- Come back for 8 days of instruction
- Dean driver is quarantine
- CLICK HERE for information from the CD
- Face to face is what’s best for students
- Bond Proposal- recap meeting with Joe Powers
- Vaping Resolution- Review new resolution from Thrun
- There’s a class action lawsuit against electronic cigarette companies for targeting youth in their ads. Do we want to take part in the lawsuit?
- CLICK HERE to read more about the litigation
- Mi Connect Grant- Technology grant money
- We applied for about 27,000 in tech grant money. Probably won’t get that much but should get around 15-20k. The funds can be used to offset ordering Chromebooks that would come in more quickly
- Covid Plan Reconfirmation: Monthly action item to reconfirm our covid plan. Won’t have attendance figures until the end of the first week of Dec. The plan will be the same as the ones already approved, except the attendance rates will be updated.
- Student Count
- Click Here to see the monthly student numbers. Seems to be an increase in the ele.
- Budget Revision: Katrina presented at the last meeting. The Board will need to approve it.
- Click Here to view the budget. She also stated she would be brining a more detailed budget for you guys.
- Calendar Change:
- Dec 21 Virtual Day for Elementary. I had emailed you about this last week.
- The elementary needs to add one day of instruction. The union has agreed to have the 21st be a day of instruction, virtually.
- Consumers Easement Request- Consumers Energy is requesting a 30 foot easement from us.
- I’ve Experienced this a few times in the past and we have granted it. Click Here to see the Actual request along with a map of what they are requesting.
- Required bids- Katrina
- Superintendent’s Other
- Public Comment
The Board has set aside this time for public comment. If you wish to make a public comment, please identify yourself by name (you may also give your address). An individual may make public comment for up to three minutes. We ask that no more than two individuals make public comment on the same topic until citizens with a different topic have had an opportunity to speak. We ask that concerns or complaints directed toward individuals be made privately or in writing to the Superintendent, Designee, or Board of Education.
If you are an individual who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the meeting or hearing, please contact Steve Brimmer, Superintendent, at 231-743-2486 at least one week prior to the meeting or as soon as possible.
This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the School District’s business and is not to be considered a public community meeting. There is a time for public participation during the meeting as indicated in agenda item 4.